- About UsThe Erie Historical Society was founded in 1984 to preserve Erie, Colorado’s history. We honor those hard working pioneers who mined the coal, worked the fields and ran the railroads, as well as the pioneer women who raised the families and educated the children. The Erie Historical Society: CELEBRATES Erie’s history with events like Erie Biscuit Day which held each fall, honoring a similar event held by 19th century residents to welcome the fall and celebrate the workers’ return to the mines. EDUCATES through projects like the Wise Homestead Museum, to commemorate early homesteaders and through partnerships with community members. Historic talks by local historians and lecturers provide a glimpse back in time and reveal remarkable stories about the people who settled in our region of Colorado. PRESERVES the area’s rich history through projects like the Wise Homestead Museum, at 11611 Jasper Road. The two-story Western Victorian farmhouse was built by Erie settler O.E. Wise in 1870 and has been restored by local and state Historical Societies. The Wise Homestead Museum is currently open Saturday ( May through October ) from 10am to 2pm or year-round by appointment. To schedule a visit please call 303-828-4568. Statement of Purpose The purpose…
- MuseumErie – Wise Homestead Museum The Wise Homestead dates back to 1869, when Oliver Wise, his wife Adaline (Ada), and their three children came across the plains from Wisconsin to settle in Colorado.
- Erie Biscuit DayAnnual Erie Biscuit Day presented by Erie Historical Society
- MembershipAny person interested in the history of Erie, Colorado may become a member. Active membership categories are: Individual Family Business/Institutional Members are entitled to vote at regular, special or annual meetings, and are eligible to serve on the board of directors. Members are entitled to a variety of benefits, such as discounts on books, research materials, and fees, invitations to members-only events, discounts on programs and workshops. Membership is tax deductible to the extent that contributions to 501(c)3 tax exempt organizations are allowed.
- Contact UsErie Historical Society – Wise Homestead Museum 11611 Jasper Road, Erie,CO 80516 Telephone: 303.828.4561
Category Archive for: ‘Erie Biscuit Days’
Congratulations to 24 Carrot Bistro. Their Stew entry was the People’s Choice for Erie Historical Society’s – Erie Biscuit Day Stew Contest! Congratulations 24 Carrot Bistro and thank you to all the participating local restaurants. 578 Briggs St, Erie, CO 80516 (303) 828-1392
Its 6:00am on a Saturday in September 2015 and on Briggs Street in Old Town Erie it’s still dark, but people are starting to arrive. It’s the Erie Historical Society’s 13th Annual Biscuit Day and months of preparation and plans are starting to go into action. At Black Jack Pizza, owners Matt and Mina are already running hundreds of sausages …
5 of the best Erie restaurants will be participating in Erie Historical Society’s Erie Biscuit Day – Stew Contest. Azteca Miner’s Tavern Hunter’s Grille The Old Mine 24 Carrot Bistro Every year Erie citizens are encouraged to sample and to vote for the best tasting stew at Erie Biscuit Day. Cast your vote at Biscuit Day – September 19, 2015 …